Boy Scout Merit Badge
- Do the following:
- Prepare a written speech of 750 words.
- Give the main idea or topic of the speech in one complete sentence.
- Tell the kind of audience for whom it was prepared.
- Describe your purpose. Tell what main idea you want the audience to
remember about your speech.
- Show the following:
- The ideas list you used in preparing your outline.
- The outline.
- The final text.
- Give this speech before an audience.
- Give a 10-minute speech on a subject other than the one used in
requirement 1. Use a visual or audio aid.
- Give an impromptu talk of at least 2 minutes, either as part of a group
discussion or before your counselor. Use a subject interesting to you but for
which you do not have time to prepare.
- Read aloud a selection of 500 words you have never seen.
- Show you know parliamentary procedure by leading a discussion or meeting
according to accepted rules of order; or answer questions on the rules of
BSA Advancement ID#: 90
Source: Boy Scout
Requirements, #33215E, revised 2002