Boy Scout Merit Badge
- Take a clear set of prints. Use both rolled and plain impressions. Make
these on an 8-by-8-inch fingerprint identification card, available from your
local police department or counselor.
- Do the following:
- Name the surfaces of the body where friction or papillary ridges are
- Explain why plain impressions must be taken on a card.
- Show you can identify the eight types of fingerprint patterns.
- Give a short history of fingerprinting. Tell the difference between civil
and criminal identification. Point out the purposes of each.
BSA Advancement ID#: 49
Source: Boy Scout
Requirements, #33215E, revised 2002